Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Highlights

Today was Sissy's first day back to school, thus marking the unofficial end of summer in the Dotson household.

I thought it would be fun to go back and do a recap of our summer.


Summer started off with a bang.  Sissy finished school on a high note and won two blue ribbons in the grade school field day.


C-man and I had our first ambulance ride.  Hopefully that will be our last.  (Don't worry, he was fine.)


SW Kansas Stonehenge was created.


Lots of swimming...


Lots and lots and lots of swimming.


There were a few trips to the lake which included fishing...


and water skiing.



There was a special hair cut.


And there were hall races.


That leads us to today.  Sissy's first day of school.


She starts 4th grade. 

WWWAAAHHHH!!!  When did my little baby girl grow up. 

Excuse me, I need to go grab a tissue.

Signed,
The emotional mother of a 4th grader


1 comment:

plainsgirl said...

School started producing lots more memories for me in the 4th grade. Mainly because we moved from Cherokee to Burlington at Thanksgiving time and I thought I was going to die leaving all my friends since 1st grade! Besides the trauma and tears, my sister & I brought the old fashioned measles with us and exposed the whole school.

We were so sick at home for nearly 2 weeks that Dr. Chris from Kiowa even made a house call! I remember eating lots of popcycles and frozen grapes and mom keeping our rooms very dark to prevent eye damage.

Becoming an Elk Turned out to be a move I never regretted though. Hope Sissy enjoys lots of great years as a Bluejay too!