Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beautiful Flowers

I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from our church on Sunday. They are absolutely stunning and smell wonderful. I am not going to be at home to enjoy the flowers though. So rather than load them in the car and bring them with me on our last little getaway before school starts, I decided to take a few pictures.

I just love the colors on this rose. It by far stole the show. You know, in the flower show.

I love the peachy orangeyness (that's a word, right?) of this beauty.

 
And this one. It is just fun. And I like it a lot. In my opinion, it deserves 2nd place in the flower show.

I got real up close and personal with it.

This carnation is perfect. Just a perfect little white snowball of a flower.

This daisy is another fun flower. I like the whimsiness of it. (I am just full of new words today.)

I actually put my camera away after I took the daisy pic. But then as if to solidify its position as the top flower, it pulled out all the stops. I happened to be walking by the flowers and the sun was peeking through the window. The sun shined brightly on the rose and it just glowed with radiance. I dropped my laundry basket, grabbed my camera, and took this picture.


1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Stars in crowns and flowers abounding in heaven for all VBS directors! Proud of you Carrie...