Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oh Braum's, How I Love Thee

Let me count the ways...

1.  Your milk.  It was so good and so fresh.  My husband was spoiled by your milk when we lived just a few glorious miles from you.  He still whines, cries, and pouts when I bring home the "other" milk.

2.  Your biscuits and gravy.  Lord have mercy, I love your biscuits and gravy.  Your gravy was so creamy with its spicy sausage and buttery biscuits. 

3.  Your fruit and yogurt swirl.  When I was feeling guilty for pulling through your drive-thru for the 900th time that week, I would indulge in your fruit and yogurt swirl.  Strawberries, bananas, toasted pecans, and your creamy yogurt, what's not to love?

4.  Your limeades.  Just a plain limeade or a cherry limeade were the bomb.  Yes, I just said the bomb.  Go ahead and laugh....now, back to my dream of the Braum's fairy land.

5.  Your lime Dr. Peppers.  Yes, I know it is weird.  But they are soooo good and Braum's made the best lime Dr. Peppers. 

6.  Your bacon cheeseburgers.  Oh my goodness, I love your bacon cheeseburgers.  When I was pregnant with my daughter, my OB doctor was right next to Braum's.  Let me tell you, I could eat your bacon cheeseburger in 2.4 seconds flat.  The last couple of times I have had the privilege of eating your bacon cheeseburger, I couldn't even come close to finishing it.

7.  Your banana splits.  When my daughter was around 3 we would bring home a banana split and share it between the 3 of us.  I am certain, that 1 banana split wouldn't fly between the 4 us now.  Not with the ice cream monster (AKA my son).

Braum's is 3 stores rolled into one...a grill, soda fountain, and a small grocery.  They have stores in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.  Sadly for me the closest one is an hour and a half away.  Fortunately for my waistline (and thighs) the closest one is an hour and a half away.  If you are ever in the area of a Braum's, please hit one up for me.  You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie

FYI - I am not a paid spokesperson for Braum's. I just love and miss them so very much.

No comments: