Sunday, May 22, 2011

Green Chile Rice


My hubby is a big green chile fan. I mean, BIG!! He loves them. He could eat them with every meal. I was so happy that his mother shared this recipe with me.
So now, I am going to share with you. 
Start with some cooked rice.

 
Then add some drained green chiles.

 
Some cream of celery.


And sour cream.

 
And a little bit of milk.

 
Mix it all together.

 
Spread half of that mixture into your baking dish.

Top with half of cheese. Add remaining rice mixture and top with cheese.
Bake.

Let stand for 10 minutes.  You will burn the ever livin' tar out of your mouth if you scoop up a big ol' spoonful and shove it into your mouth as soon as you pull it from the oven.  I'm not saying that I know that for sure or anything, I wouldn't do that.  I have just been told that you shouldn't do that.  Ok, my mouth hurts, it is blistered, and I need to go suck on some ice.  Just, uh, let it sit for a few minutes. 

Enjoy!!

Green Chile Rice
1 small can green chiles, drained
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of celery
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine drained green chiles, cooked rice, sour cream, cream of celery, and milk together. Spoon half of mixture in baking dish. (I would recommend using a dish smaller than a 9x13.)  Sprinkle half of your cheese over your rice mixture. Add remaining rice mixture and top with the remainder of the cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Green chile lovers unite!!! Go forth and make this today. You will not be sorry.

Peace, love, and green chiles,
Carrie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: