Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cute Herbs

I don't consider myself a crafty person.  Don't get me wrong, I want to be crafty.  But, usually my ideas don't turn out as I had hoped.  Sometimes my ideas just fall flat.  But, today is a new day!!  I made this Mother's Day gift and I am really proud of it.  So proud, that I made another one just for me!!! 

I like cooking with fresh herbs, but there are times when I am just flat out lazy.  I don't want to walk allll the way outside to pick the fresh herbs.  So if I had some fresh herbs in my kitchen I could get away with my laziness.  And that is how this idea was made.

I saw this cute caddy at the ol' Walmart the other day.  It is meant to hold jellies, preserves, or canned goods.  I loved it, but I had other plans for it.

I thought, well heck, I could put some potted herbs in that there holder.  I could leave it in my kitchen next to my kitchen sink, therefore aiding in my laziness.  Yes, this could work. 


I picked up a few small pots, potting soil, herbs, the caddy, and some cute ribbon and went to work. 


I just love how it turned out.  You certainly wouldn't have to plant herbs in your pots.  Some petite flowers would be lovely too. 

Or, make it your bathroom caddy.  Put some Mason jars in the holder and fill them with Q-tips, cotton balls, toothbrush, toothpaste...really, the list is endless.   

Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie

No comments: