Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why I Decided to Blog

I am a stay-at-home mom.  When we moved here three months ago, I didn't know a single person.  We are a couple of hours away from our family.  It's not like I can drop by to see them out of the blue.  It can get a little lonely when my hubby is away.  Heck, it can get a little lonely even if he is just in the basement. 

Am I needy?  Nah, can't be me. 

So rather than take up talking to myself to keep my sanity, I decided to blog.  It's better to type to myself than talk to myself, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to stay home with my kiddos.  It is something I wouldn't trade for the world...most days anyway.  But, there are those days where I crave interaction from the outside world. 

Also, I am quite possibly the world's worst momma when it comes to writing down important milestones in our kid's lives.  I always have good intentions, but it just doesn't happen.  I would love to scrapbook and chronicle what is going on with us, but for some reason I just can't find the time.  Maybe, just maybe, I can keep up with what is going on in the days of our lives here. 

I so high-tech instead of baby books, I have a blog that my kids can read to their kids.  Except for the whole first couple years of their lives.  Dang, I should have started this thing earlier.

So, there it is, my reasoning for starting this blog.

Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie

On a side note, I don't have an English degree.  I try to do my best with my grammar, but I know I don't get it right all the time.  I am a firm believer in spell check, but that doesn't always guarantee that I get it right either.    

No comments: