Monday, March 28, 2011

My Son's Eating Habits


My son used to eat anything and everything you gave him.  He loved those biter biscuits.  He would get soooo messy eating them.  He went directly to the bath tub when he was finished.


He liked fruits, veggies, pureed chicken and noodles, lasagna...you name it he would eat it.  Life was easy.  I didn't have to worry about what to make him so that he would eat. 


Fast forward a year and a half later.  I now have a very picky eater.  He only likes certain things.  Don't get me wrong, he will play with any food, but ingesting it is a big no go. 

He really likes fruit and he used to really like veggies.  To be honest, that was all that I wanted when I was pregnant with him.  Lots of fruits and veggies.  I came real close to foundering on fruits and veggies, but then I came to and had a cheeseburger.  C-man will eat just about any fruit you give him.  He used to love green beans, but lately I have had a hard time getting him to eat them.  He loves olives...what kid likes olives?!?!?!?  He is definitely a big goober!!  He will sometimes eat noodles and sometimes he will eat mac-n-cheese.  He loves cottage cheese and yogurt.  

Meat?!?!?! Fugettabboutit.  I have to force him to eat it.  Even chicken strips.  Except breakfast sausage.  That kid will eat and eat and eat breakfast sausage.  He out eats his daddy on sausage.  

I worry about if the silly goofball is getting enough to eat.  It is a tricky deal.  Do I pander to him and only give him what he wants?  Or do I cook just one meal for the entire family and if he eats he eats and if he don't then he don't.  He can try again at the next meal. 

As of right now, he waits and can try again at the next meal.  

Ahhh, the life of a mother.

Carrie    

No comments: