Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meet Gage

I am pleased to introduce you to Gage, our lab.  I use the word "our" very loosely.  Gage is my husband's dog.  Clint worked me over for a year before I finally gave him the go ahead.  He was not going to be my dog.  I did not want to have anything to do with him.  NMP was my motto when we went to get him, Not My Puppy!!!!




Then, I looked into his eyes.  And, I melted. 





Awww, look at him.   


Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?


8 months later...I would like to introduce you to Gage! 




He says, "Hi!"  He hasn't quite figured out the personal space issue. 

He is a mess.  He loves digging, chewing, and destroying doggie beds.  He just destroyed #3. 
He tried to tell me that Pepper, our Boston Terrier, did it.  But I caught on to his mischevious ways. Especially because he had green batting hanging out of his mouth.   
Momma put her foot down and said no more.  No more pet beds if you are just going to chew them up.  He looked at me with sad puppy dog eyes and said he would be a good boy and that he wouldn't do it again.  But he tried the same thing with bed #2 and I gave in.  Not this time.  I told him, "No sir, you can't have another pet bed.  You have been very naughty.  You have to sleep on towels from here on out." 

He isn't talking to me now.  Except when I feed him and when I give him a rawhide and when I let him out to potty.  Other than that he is not speaking to me.

No comments: