Saturday, February 26, 2011

Peep Napalm

OK, so I have told of various incidents regarding my children, time for me to fess up.

When we lived in Kansas the first time, we were always cooking out with our neighbors.  They would light a fire, we would grill something, and the kids played in the dark running in between our houses.  On this particular night (it was a couple of weeks past Easter) we decided to roast marshmallows.  We roasted a few and then ran out of mallows.  So, being the geniuses that we are we began looking for other things to roast.  We decided that Peeps would be perfect.  They slid on the wire and would roast beautifully.  My first attempt, I slid it on the wire.  Held it over the fire until it was perfectly toasted.  I pulled it out of the fire and admired what an awesome job I had done roasting it.  Then the darn thing started sliding off my wire, it was falling.  Oh no!!!  I can't let something that beautiful fall to the ground, I must catch it.  I did!!!  Now that is all fine and dandy in a normal world, except that the Peep was blazin' hot.  It was Peep napalm.  After I caught it and realized what a complete idiot I was for doing so, I tried to drop it on the ground.  Along with being ridiculously hot, it was sticky.  Part of it fell to the ground, but the rest of it stayed on my hand.  Eventually I got it off and went inside to wash all the stickiness off and assess the damage.  I had a huge burn and to make matters much worse, I never did get to try the roasted Peep.  I called it a night, and went back to my house with my tail between my legs. 

Moral of the story:  If your mallow is going to fall off the stick, please let it fall.  DO NOT try to catch the stupid thing.

The mallow catcher,
Carrie

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ahhh!! We were JUST talking about this the other night when I told Jeremy that I was really wanting some roasted peeps. I feel really bad that you never even got to try that yummy goodness! Hmmm, I think you should make Clint make you some. TODAY. :)

Carrie Dotson said...

I need to try roasting them again. Some day soon...everytime I look at Peeps I think of you all!!