Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One of my favorite pics

He has blue eyes!  Oh, how I love those blue eyes.  Funny story...

I was a 7 1/2 months pregnant waiting patiently for his arrival.  Yeah right, waiting patiently.  By that time, it was hot.  I was huge and not very patient.  My husband was ever so kindly calling me "Big Momma".  I would give him the look of death and he would run away laughing.  He knew there was no way in the world I was gonna catch him.  He was right.  I couldn't waddle fast enough.

I had called my mother-in-law to complain about how huge and uncomfortable her grandson was making me.  The nerve of him.  Anyways, we got to talking about what he would look like.  She made the comment, "Will he have dark skin and dark eyes like his sister or will he have light hair and blue eyes."  Well, duh, he will look like his sister.  I can't imagine him looking any different, I was most certain of this.  In fact, I was adament that she was full of it.  What could she know?

A month and a half later, I had a beautiful light skinned, blonde headed, blue eyed boy.  I knew sunscreen was in his future, lots of sunscreen.   

Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie

No comments: