Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Headband Incident

Kindergarten Graduation


With this last move, I dug through my "keep" file for my daughter's school work.  I found a note from her Kindergarten year from her teacher.  Now, let me fill you in on my daughter.  She can (at times) be diva, a little over the top, and a little dramatic.  This is very evident in the note that I kept.  She is a girlie girl and always wants to look nice.  Seriously, she agonizes daily on what to wear.  Even on Saturday when we are not doing anything.  I blame this entirely on her grandparents.  (No particular reason for their blame, that way it doesn't land on my shoulders, ha!)  So, back to the story, she wanted to wear a headband to school on that particular day.  I told her she could borrow mine.  I tried to give her a talk about responsibility and how important it was that she didn't break my headband, blah, blah, blah.  You know...the parenting stuff that we have to say. 

Here is the note that I received from her teacher when she got home from school that afternoon.

She broke her headband by accident at recess (she was trying to put it back in her hair) and was very upset.  I told her that things made of plastic sometimes break by accident, but that did not make her feel better.  I told her I'd write a note about what happened and that seemed to help.  We're really sorry this happened and will try harder to not let things break. 

3 years later, her father and I have decided to ease up on the punishment for this.  She is now able to play outside with her friends and she has regained TV privileges.  Nah, just kidding.  I didn't care. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie

No comments: