Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Proud Momma Moment

Excuse me, excuse me, proud momma coming thru!!! 

Sissy got her first pair of water skis last year for her birthday.  She was so excited when she got them.  But I also saw another emotion on her face.  I could tell that she was nervous and a tad scared.  Nervous about learning how to get up on the skis and scared about the water that would most certainly get shoved up her nose and in her ears when she took a face plant into the water.

She tried a few times on her birthday, but ultimately didn't get up.  She was a little flustered but determined when we went back to the lake a few weeks later.  In August '10, she finally got up and skied a little around the lake.

When we got to the lake on Friday, the only thing on this girl's mind was skiing.  She couldn't wait to get back in the water, shove her feet into the skis, and take off.  It took a few attempts, but ladies and gentlemen I am proud to announce that this girl is a water skiing fool!!! 

I love to water ski and I am so proud that we can share this passion.  She still has a ways to go as far as form and going in and out of the wake of the boat, but she will get there.  We just need to make more trips to the lake.  I am game!  Let's go!!!

This is a video of her first successful attempt this past weekend.  Clint is riding beside her on a jet ski.  The video is a little jerky and bumpy but I think it captures her perfectly.



Thanks for stopping by and letting me brag a little on my girl,
Carrie

4 comments:

Words from Weston said...

Congrats to hailey. She has the form down oh so well. i remember when it was me and you doing that. i even remember when we tried to ski at the same time. Hopefully we get to go skiing on the 2nd and 3rd of july. i miss getting up on those rikkidy things. i will bring the other set that are at my house. Tell her good job from uncle duck. miss you guys.

Wendy said...

Dropping by from Blog Mommas...

You've got to be proud when your child shows determination like that! Kudos to her for not giving up!

Country Girl at Heart said...

We miss you too Duck! Can't wait to see you guys.

Country Girl at Heart said...

Wendy, thanks for stopping by!! I am very proud of her and her determination.