Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Beggar


Pepper has a really hard time if there is food left on the table. She really is a compassionate doggie. She worries about those that are less fortunate and are having to go hungry. If food is left on the table, she whimpers and whines to remind you that there are those out there that have aching bellies because they are so hungry...mainly, her.

Her OCD tendencies rear their ugly head when there are crumbs left on the table. She has horrible table manners and will stick her paw on the table and try to bat the crumb her direction so she can swipe it. Shortly after getting our current kitchen table, I noticed little scratches on the edge of the table where our son sits. I was so flustered with the little blondie. I was certain that the scratches had come from car races. Or he was messing around with his fork. Or something else silly.

But then a strange phenomenon happened. I had scratches at my table spot. And I certainly hadn't had car races at my table spot. And I don't mess around with my fork (I eat with it, notice the extra jiggle in my thighs.) Then the ol' brain started turning...that little black and white beggar!!!! She was scratching the table every time she tried to swipe a crumb!!!

Honey, if you are reading this, please stop now. That is the end of this post.



I am starting to reconsider my thoughts on one of those counter-height tables. Clint tried to talk me into one, but I flat out refused. I didn't want one that tall. I'm sure not going to tell him that though. Geez, louise, I would never hear the end of.

I can already hear it...I was right and you were wrong. Just say it, I was right.

Ok, honey, you were right. I was wrong.


Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: