Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Pair

Last week I posted some pictures of Sissy that I took at my in-laws house.  The light is absolutely gorgeous filtering in through the leaves and branches of their drive-way. 

The photo shoot was supposed to be of my girl, but it didn't take long before we had a visitor.  If you will notice, there was a certain four-legged friend that spied us.
 
That is Missy.  Missy was the first dog Clint and I owned together after we got married.  She was and still is a great dog.  We got her as a puppy when I was 6 months pregnant with Sis.  My mothering instincts were going crazy and that dog was spoiled rotten.  She is blue healer and was a great snuggler.  We had A LOT of couch time, her and I.  Those last few months of pregnancy were spent taking naps.  I took morning naps, afternoon naps, and sometimes evening naps with her.  I never could catch up on my sleep...still can't. Only now my sleep deficiencies are a little more in part to my daughter's blond ornery into everything brother.

She was my dog and after we had Sissy, she was her dog.  Missy was very careful around Sis.  She moved with us when we moved a couple of hours away.  One weekend when we were visiting our in-laws she ended up staying at my in-laws and has stayed ever since.

When we come to visit, she loves on me and I love on her.  She is still my dog.  She will always be my dog.  She just prefers to spend her time at my in-laws.
 
If you can't tell, she loves Sissy too.  Sissy is pretty fond of her first dog too.
 
They spent their first few years together.  Yep, Missy and Sissy are quite a pair.
Thanks for stopping by,
Carrie

1 comment:

Rose said...

Beatiful!!!