Monday, September 19, 2011

A New Phase

Since my first born was a girl, I knew all things girlie.
I knew all things frilly, all things sparkly, and all things glittery.
I knew all about little girl jewelry, all about fairies, and all about princesses.
She was always a fashionista. And VERY opinionated about what she wore and how her hair was fixed.
She is still very much a fashionista and is now handing out advice to her yoga pant wearing momma.

My son is growing and going through all the little boy phases.
As a three year old, he loves Mickey Mouse.
He loves Woody and Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.
He loves anything and everything Cars related.
He is now going through a new phase.
He is all about dinosaurs.


This morning he came running into the kitchen asking where his Stegosaurus was.
He had a dinosaur in his hand so I asked if that was what he had with him.
He told me that it was not a Stegosaurus. It was a Brachiosaurus.
I told him that I didn't know where the dinosaur was and asked him to show me a picture of the Stegosaurus.
Sure enough, he showed me a picture (with caption) of a Stegosaurus.
I was then able to locate said dinosaur and all was right in the dino-lovin' boy's world.



No comments: