Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sorry, time flies...

Good grief!!!  Where has the time gone?  It is the end of April.  How did that happen?  When did that happen?  How does time get lost so easily?  I really haven't had that much going on either.  Just keeping up with my daughter's schoolwork, chasing after a 2 1/2 year old ornery little boy, cleaning up after everyone, and cooking has kept me busy.

We made a quick trip to our family's homes for Easter.  It is so nice that both sides of the family are so close together.  The kids get to see both sets of grandparents in one trip.  I am so thankful that we don't have to pick and choose who gets to see who and at what time.  On our quick trip the kids were able to ride horses, throw rocks into the water, and get spoiled like no other.  Seriously, it is ridiculous, the way their grandparent's spoil them...I guess I wouldn't have it any other way though.  That is what grandparents are for, right?  It is their reward for not killing their own children.

When I was driving down through the hills about an hour away from our family's homes, I saw a beautiful canola field bursting with yellow flowers.  I got so excited because I knew that I would see more the closer I got to Oklahoma.  Sure enough, I did.  We passed by this field on our way to go eat, and I told my mother-in-law that we HAD to take pictures here.  It just spoke to me.


Then, I made my youngest get out there so I could try to take his picture.  He usually doesn't sit or stand still for that matter.  My mother-in-law had the idea of making him stand on a bucket.  Maybe he would stand still long enough to get a good shot, maybe.  It worked, we got a few before he became restless.


I tried several shots with my daughter, but ultimately my mother-in-law got the best one of her.  My daughter seems to be going through a self-conscious stage.  I couldn't get her to give me a genuine smile.  They all seemed too forced.  This one seems to capture her completely.


Then I tried to get a pic of them together.  That always seems almost impossible.  If he is looking towards me, she is not.  If she is smiling, he has got his finger up his nose.  You can see how this proved to be a difficult task.  This is the best that we got.  I think it is a pretty good one though. 


Finally, I was really mean and made my daughter walk out in the canola that was up to her chest to get this shot.  To be fair, I lead the way so she didn't do it alone. 


Interesting side note...
Did you know that walking in blooming canola can get you really gross and dirty?  Our clothes had this yellowish-green tint to them.  I think it was worth it though.

Thanks for stoppin' by,
Carrie

No comments: