Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pet Peeves

We all got 'em.  Something that completely throws us off of our game.  Something that drives us crazy.  Something that could send us over the edge.  I have a few.  I don't go off on a huge rant, but these silly little quirks can make me bonkers.  I usually just smile and fix whatever it is that is wrong and try to go on about my day.  Here are a few of mine...


1.  Messy toothpaste tube
Sadly, I am probably the biggest offender of this pet peeve.  It irks me to no end when I, I mean someone else, leaves toothpaste coming out of the tube and then caps it thus making the cap all gross.  Geez, the nerve of some people.


2.  Toothpaste leftovers in the sink
After you brush your pearly whites, please go ahead and rinse the rest of your toothpaste down the sink. Please.


3.  Shaved whiskers left in the sink
So gross.  I can't stand it when someone leaves stubble in the sink.  Rinse it on down, make it go completely away.  I don't want to look at it when I am brushing my teeth.

Huh, I must have issues with toothpaste and sink hygiene.  I learn something new about myself everyday. 


4.  Putting a wet towel back in the drawer
A certain someone does this in our house.  After he washes his hands at the kitchen sink, he pulls out a clean hand towel, dries his hands, and then shoves it back into the drawer.  ACK!!!! 
I called him out on it and now he does it just to spite me.  In fact, he smiles and makes sure he has my attention when he shoves it back into the drawer.


5.  Sour towels
Ugh!!  I hate drying off after a shower only to realize that the towel is sour and musty.  Is it just me or does it leave a smell of yuck all over your body?  It is one of those smells that clings to my nose, and I just can't get rid of it.  I absolutely detest sour towels and sour clothes.

Those are a few of my pet peeves.  Do you have any?  Is there something that makes you want to throw your hands up in the air and yell, I QUIT?  Or is there an annoying habit that someone does that makes you want to pull all your eyelashes out?

That is it.  I'm done.  I'm climbing off of my soapbox now.
Carrie

2 comments:

Lindsey Morgan said...

I must admit - I share most of these!!! The wet towel in the drawer would send me over the top!!! :) The musty/sour towel disgusts me also!!!

Shopping with the hubby is a pet peeve of mine! They just don't get browsing! Although I have browsed in gun stores, motorcycle stores, etc....I do much better on my own without him making me feel guilty for loitering! :) Thanks for the laugh Carrie.

Carrie Dotson said...

Loitering...I love it!!!! Clint hates it when I go shopping with him to those types of stores because I usually just follow right behind him.