Monday, July 18, 2011

A Happy Birthday Post




It's my father-in-law's birthday today. He welcomed me into the family like no other. He was/is always giving me heck and I just dish it right back to him. He is a loud and ornery man.  But he is also very tender-hearted. (Don't tell anybody about the tender heart. It will ruin his tough guy reputation.)

He would do anything for us and is absolutely crazy about his grandkids. He has been known to sit outside in the hot Oklahoma sun so he could watch the grandkids play in the pool. He ooo's and ahhh's over my daughter after she gets all dolled up. And he picks on my son like crazy. It's okay though, it means he loves the little blondie.

He can grill a mean steak and anything that he smokes is always divine...turkey, brisket, pulled pork...yummo!! His black bean enchiladas are out of this world.

He is a pretty cool cat. I am certainly glad to have him as my father-in-law.

Happy Birthday Robert!!

Love ya,
Carrie

No comments: